- Where is this data from? Why would I use it?
NZP&M Online Exploration Database
New Zealand Petroleum & Minerals maintains a collection of exploration reports. These include the results of all exploration carried out in New Zealand since the 1880s and provides a valuable source of information on New Zealand’s prospects.
We hold these reports within an FREE online database, allowing you to easily discover, preview and access exploration information by browsing database fields and digital reports online.
Register for this free service to directly download or order your data for delivery.
2013 Petroleum Exploration Data Pack release
The 2013 New Zealand Petroleum Exploration Data Pack contains a large selection of exploration data including:
- All open file 2D and 3D seismic data for the Taranaki Basin, and Reinga-Northland, East Coast, and Great South-Canterbury Provinces.
- All public data of reasonable quality for the specific areas (final stacks/final migrations where available).
- A selection of well data, drilling, processing and geological reports.
- An SMT Kingdom Suite project (v. 8.7) with all of the above data loaded, including 72 wells to provide stratigraphic control, and relevant cultural files.
- The results of the PEGI project included as reports and enclosures. This contains a wide array of geological, geophysical, geochemical and petrophysical data.
Petroleum Basin Explorer
The Petroleum Basin Explorer (PBE) is a data portal developed by GNS Science. PBE is an interactive web-based tool giving access to geoscience data from across the New Zealand sub-continent. It is a single interface for oil and gas explorers to freely access PEGI outputs and other GNS Science data.