2018 Petroleum Exploration Data Pack Released
New Zealand Petroleum and Minerals has released its 2018 Petroleum Exploration Data Pack.
This year’s data pack adds a number of new projects to the comprehensive compilation of open-file seismic and well data, interpretation projects, reports and studies available in previous editions.
The update includes:
- National Well Audit Pilot – comprehensive success / failure analysis of offshore petroleum wells in the Canterbury and Great South basins.
- Updated Well and Seismic Data – new open-file data for an additional 41 wells, and additional 9,136 line km’s of 2D and 3,393 km2 of 3D seismic data.
- Updated Composite Well Data – quality controlled standardised and composited LAS data for 671 wells, loaded to Kingdom and ready for regional studies.
- Atlas of Petroleum Prospectivity, Southeast Province – technical report, GIS database, and 5 GIS projects encompassing the Canterbury and Great South Basins.
- Production data for ten producing fields.
David Darby, NZP&M Manager Commercial Analysis and Investment, says the 2018 Petroleum Exploration Data Pack is a must-have for those looking to invest in our upstream oil and gas sector. It provides valuable insights into the sector and builds on the wealth of information contained in previous editions.
Demonstrations of the data pack will be featured at the New Zealand Petroleum Conference 2018 in Wellington, 26-28 March.