Block Offer 2015 Release Areas announced
Energy and Resources Minister Simon Bridges has opened the Block Offer 2015 tender for petroleum exploration permits.
The tender has a total area of 429,298 square kilometres, including three onshore areas and four offshore areas.
The onshore areas being tendered are:
- 15TAR-R2: onshore Taranaki (1,039 square kilometres)
- 15WEC-R1: onshore West Coast (2,007 square kilometres)
- 15WEC-R2: onshore West Coast (1,046 square kilometres)
The offshore areas being tendered are:
- 15NRN-R1: offshore Northland-Reinga (186,181 square kilometres)
- 15TAR-R1: offshore Taranaki (53,253 square kilometres)
- 15PEG-R1: offshore Pegasus/East Coast (44,015 square kilometres)
- 15GSC-R1: offshore Great-South Canterbury (141,757 square kilometres)
The launch of the tender follows extensive consultation with 189 iwi and hapū and 54 local authorities.
Bids for Block Offer 2015 must include a work programme that demonstrates a technical understanding of the tender area. Operators must have both the technical and financial capability to deliver their proposed work programme.
The Invitation for Bids for Block Offer 2015 closes on 30 September 2015. We intend to grant permits in December 2015.