Privacy and security of information.
Information we collect and store about your visits to our site
This information includes:
- The IP address of your machine when connecting to this site.
- The domain name from which you are accessing the internet.
- The operating system and browser your computer system uses.
- Any search engine you are using.
- Date and time you are visiting the URLs of the pages you visit.
You may manually disable cookies at any time. Check your browser's Help for details. This will not affect your ability to view the site.
The information we may collect about you will not be disclosed to any other person in a form that will identify you except in the following circumstances:
- where you have consented to such disclosure or;
- where such disclosure is required or permitted by the Privacy Act 1993 or otherwise required or permitted by law.
If you have any queries regarding privacy issues, please contact the Office of the Privacy Commissioner:
Phone 09-302 8655 or 0800 803 909
Fax 09-302 2305
Information held on the Permit register
Information about any individual in the New Zealand Petroleum & Minerals (NZP&M) Permit Register is held, maintained and may be viewed in accordance with the Crown Minerals Act 1991 and the Privacy Act 1993.
Individuals calling our Contact Centre
As part of our commitment to providing the best possible service to our customers we record all telephone calls answered in our contact centre. This helps us to identify ways that we can provide you with a better service.
We record calls:
- for staff training purposes, helping us to improve the quality of our customer service and to ensure the information we provide is consistent and accurate;
- so we can find ways to simplify our service to you; and
- to ensure we have an accurate record of your call, which may be needed to support any transactions that take place over the phone and/or if there is a dispute.
We understand your personal information is important and we are committed to protecting your privacy. We store the recordings securely for two years and destroy them after this period.
Unless we have lawful reason for withholding this information you can request access to a transcript of your call by phoning our Contact Centre on 0508 263 782 and asking for the Privacy Officer.
When you become a registered user of this website, personal information will be collected from you. This information is collected for two purposes. Firstly, for the management of your account with us. Secondly, for statistical purposes in determining the usage of this website.
If you do not provide the information requested when you attempt to register, you cannot become a registered user of this website. You may correct any errors in the information you have provided at any time.
MBIE websites have security measures in place to prevent the loss, misuse and alteration of information under our control. In order to maintain the cyber security of MBIE systems and information, MBIE systems are subject to ongoing monitoring (including activity logging), analysis and auditing. We may use information about your use of our websites and other IT systems to prevent unauthorised access or attacks on these systems or to resolve such events. We may use this information even if you are not involved in such activity. MBIE may utilise services from one or more 3rd party suppliers to monitor or maintain the cyber security of its systems and information. These 3rd party suppliers will have access to monitoring and logging information as well as information processed on MBIE websites and other IT systems.