Top tips for submitting your annual summary report
Did you know you can submit your 2023 annual summary report (ASR) from 1 January onwards? Read our top tips below to make submitting your ASR easy in 2024.
ASRs for the 2023 period are due to be submitted by 31 March 2024.
If you held a permit that was active between 1 January 2023 and 31 December 2023 you are required to send us an annual summary report, even if no activity took place during the calendar year.
Filling out your ASR
We gain important insights into each of our minerals permit holders through the annual summary report.
This includes specific data about activities happening in individual permits as well as common trends and issues across the industry.
When filling out your ASR, ensure that:
- you fill it out in its entirety, including any supporting information.
- if you were unable to carry out any exploration or mining activities, explain why.
- if you were unable to meet your minimum mining rate (if one applies to you), explain why.
The ASRs help us be an effective regulator by making sure we’re across the issues affecting the industry. It also helps us to ensure policy developments in the industry can be informed by reliable data.
Submit your ASR through the online permitting system
There are lots of benefits of using the online permitting system:
- It’s set up to only ask for the information relevant to your permit type – potentially saving you time from supplying information that’s not required.
- It has help text to ensure that you know what you need to provide.
- It lets you save your progress and return to it later.
- You and other people authorised on the permit can access the reports anytime, from anywhere and look up information you have filed.
Registering on the online permitting system is easy, you just need to fill out an online registration form using your RealMe account for authentication. Authorised contacts can then be linked to individual permit records. Follow the link below to register for the online permitting system.
Read our ASR guidance online
We have guidance online to help make it easy for you to submit your annual summary report.
We’re here to help
If you’ve got questions about the online permitting system, contact us at email@example.com